Social Transport Card
Check this instruction on how to apply for the student social card
The social card has two major functions:
- The card is used as a transport card and allows students to take public transport in Moscow (metro, buses, trams, trolleybuses) at a lower price. It must be activated and then refilled every month, separately for the metro (at a metro cashier’s) and the ground public transport (in grey ticket kiosks).
- The card is used as bank card for non-cash payment of goods and services.
How to apply for social card?
1. Check whether you are on the student register here https://www.mos.ru/socialnaya-karta/services/ (ask your buddy to help you as the site is in Russian only)
2. Register on the portal www.mos.ru.*
3. Apply for a Student Social Card at www.mos.ru (processing time is 30 calendar days).
4. The status of the application can be tracked in your personal account on mos.ru or by clicking on the link, the receipt of the Social Card is carried out at the Multifunctional Centres, selected when submitting the application.
· If you don't understand Russian, ask your buddy to help you.
·In due time receive the card at the centre that you chose when submitting your application.
* ATTENTION, to apply an application for the Social Card, foreign citizens need to obtain a SNILS-СНИЛС (Insurance Number of Individual Ledger Account).
The application for SNILS - СНИЛС is submitted in person to the nearest office of the Pension Fund of Russia (PFR) or Multifunctional Centre.
You must have:
1) Identity document (passport or residence permit).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.